Draft Letterkenny Plan and Local Transport Plan 2023-2029
Proposal To Make A Local Area Plan for Letterkenny
Donegal County Council proposes to make a Local Area Plan for Letterkenny as provided for under Section 18 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended). The Council has prepared a draft of the Local Area Plan (“the Draft Letterkenny Plan and Local Transport Plan 2023-2029”) for public consultation.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by the following reports: (i) an Environmental Report of the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the local area plan in accordance with the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended); (ii) a Natura Impact Report (Stage 2 Appropriate Assessment) in accordance with Article 6 of the EU Habitats Directive (92/443/EEC); (iii.) a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment and (iv.) a Traffic Modelling Report.
Copies of the Draft Plan and Associated Reports are now available by clicking on the links below
Copies of the aforementioned documents may also be inspected during normal office hours Monday to Friday 9.00am to 12.30pm and 1.00pm to 4.30pm from Friday 6th January 2023 – Friday 17th February 2023 (both dates inclusive) at the following Council offices:
- The Planning Office, Donegal County Council, County House, Lifford.
- Letterkenny Public Services Centre, Neil T. Blaney Road, Letterkenny.
- Milford Public Services Centre, Main St., Milford.
- An Clochán Liath (Dungloe) Public Services Centre, Gweedore Road, An Clochán Liath.
- Carndonagh Public Services Centre, Malin Road, Carndonagh.
- Donegal Town Public Services Centre, Drumlonagher, Donegal Town.
Copies of documents may be purchased upon payment of the following fee(s):
- Draft Letterkenny Plan and Local Transport Plan 2023-2029 - €40.00;
- Environmental Report - €10.00;
- Other documents - €5.00;
- Postage - €5.00.
Submissions or observations with respect to the Draft Plan and associated reports may be made between Friday 6th January 2023 and Friday 17th February 2023 (both dates inclusive):
- in writing to the Planning Authority at: The Central Planning Unit, Donegal County Council, County House, Lifford, F93 Y622;
- via the Council’s online consultation portal at consult.donegal.ie ; or
- via email to email@example.com (please insert following in ‘Subject Title’ bar: Letterkenny Plan) Submissions made via email must include the full name and address of the person making the submission.
Note: Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. hard copy, email or via the consultation portal. The final date for the receipt of submissions is 4.30pm on Friday 17th February 2023. Written submissions or observations redacted for privacy purposes shall, save in exceptional circumstances, be published on the website of the authority within 10 working days of its receipt.
Submissions or observations on all documents will be taken into consideration by the Planning Authority. Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled to make submissions.